The Character Plus Series celebrates the unique chemistry between specific historic amplifiers and specific historic pedals, and cleverly unites them together in single packages. With an abundance of knob controls, the 2-channel Character Plus Series pedals are easy to use and feature the same proprietary, 100% analog SansAmp technology.
You can explore and tailor various eras within each amp style simply by turning a knob. Each continuously-variable Character control sweeps through an entire tonal range, spanning decades of sounds. The Character, EQ controls and speaker simulation are individually voiced to reflect the specific personality traits inherent in each amp style. Additionally, each of these multi-function pedals is like having a stompbox within a stompbox. You can use the amp emulation on its own or just the effect on its own.
The SansAmp Screaming Blonde is a combination of a Fender-style tube amp and a Tube Screamer-style overdrive pedal.
Range of Character Settings:
- Below 12 o'clock are in the Black and Silver Face family. When clean, there's a soft midrange with a nice top-end sparkle. Driven, the tone moves to a warmer low-end breakup.
- Around 12 o'clock brings you into Blonde territory with more of everything more lows, more mids and more highs.
- Above 12 o'clock moves things into the Tweed era with a pronounced midrange bark.
- Full up gives you lead boosted tones.
Independent Scream Section Features:
- OVERDRIVE to adjust the overall amount of drive. Highly interactive with the level of your guitar.
- TONE with specialized voicing for adjusting the high-end and mid-range.
- Analog/Digital: Analog
- Input: 1x 1/4" 1MΩ instrument level input
- Outputs: 1x 1/4"; 1x XLR
- Bypass Switching: Buffered
- EQ: 3-band EQ, Tone Control
- Power: 9V DC power supply included
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1.25" x 7.75" x 2.5"
- Weight: 0.75 lbs