The Character Plus Series celebrates the unique chemistry between specific historic amplifiers and specific historic pedals, and cleverly unites them together in single packages. With an abundance of knob controls, the 2-channel Character Plus Series pedals are easy to use and feature the same proprietary, 100% analog SansAmp technology.
You can explore and tailor various eras within each amp style simply by turning a knob. Each continuously-variable Character control sweeps through an entire tonal range, spanning decades of sounds. The Character, EQ controls and speaker simulation are individually voiced to reflect the specific personality traits inherent in each amp style. Additionally, each of these multi-function pedals is like having a stompbox within a stompbox. You can use the amp emulation on its own or just the effect on its own.
The SansAmp English Muffy is a combination of a British-style tube amp and a Big Muff-style distortion pedal.
Range of Character Settings:
- Below 12 o'clock yields clean, classic HiWatt-style tones.
- Nearing 12 o'clock brings you into crunchier territory associated with '70s Who-style tunes such as Who Are You, Baba O'Riley, and We Won't Get Fooled Again.
- Above 12 o'clock accentuates upper mids for Gilmour/Floyd-style leads.
- Full up may cause your mate or your lead singer to flee the premises, which could be desirable in certain circumstances.
Independent Muff Section:
- SUSTAIN to adjust the overall amount of fuzz.
- TONE is a very musical, specialized passive tilt EQ, based on the original '60s stompbox design
- Analog/Digital: Analog
- Input: 1x 1/4" 1MΩ instrument level input
- Outputs: 1x 1/4"; 1x XLR
- Bypass Switching: Buffered
- EQ: 3-band EQ, Tone Control
- Power: 9V DC power supply included
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1.25" x 7.75" x 2.5"
- Weight: 0.75 lbs