The M1 is a patented humbucking pickup with a twist. In a common stacked humbucker, the lower coil cancels hum, but doesn’t contribute anything positive to the sound. We unlock the lower coil with a carefully tuned support that allows it to capture higher frequency resonances. As the pickup moves with the guitar’s soundboard, a body signal is created in the suspended coil that adds presence and realism to your amplified sound.
The M1 Active’s plug-and-play design features a preamp with audiophile circuitry for that pure acoustic sound we are known for. The built-in electronics boosts the pickup’s output for a full and direct signal to any acoustic amplifier or P.A. system, eliminating the need for any external preamps. The M1 Active includes a volume control and adjustable pole pieces for perfect balance and tone between the strings.
- Highly Feedback-resistant
- Volume control
- Built-in gold plated 1/8" jack makes removing the pickup a snap
- Long battery life – 1,000 hours on one 3V lithium coin cell
- Adjustable pole pieces for perfect balance with most string types and gauges
- Includes a pre-wired strapjack harness